The candle was developed in the 1600’s. America had an abundance of beeswax, which they twisted into rope candles. These candles were called “courting candles.” The courting candle became a parent’s way of timing how long a young gentleman suitor spend with their daughter. The burn time would be set by placing a cut into the candle.
The long rope went to the suitor of choice, while all other got the “short” rope. We took this concept and brought in into the 21st century by building a new design that with a patented clip that extinguishes the candle automatically. Our new designs makes the Candle by the Hour the safest candle in the market.
- Self-extinguishes when the flame reaches the clip
- Each inch burns approximately 20 minutes (feed 3 inches up for an hour)
- This candle will burn approximately 80 hours
- Made from beeswax with a cotton wick
- Metal copper tone stand with a sleek, elegant wick holder