Safely, effectively and harmlessly teach your pet to stay away from areas you want to protect.
Help your dog or cat learn good house manners - use the ScatMatŪ automatic indoor pet training mat to keep them off furniture, counters and out of off-limit areas and rooms. Simply place the ScatMat in any area you want your pet to avoid, and switch it on. The ScatMat responds to your pet's touch with a mild, harmless static pulse. Pets soon learn which areas to keep away from. With three intensity levels, ScatMat is suitable for any sized cat or dog.
- provides an instant memorable deterrence
- corrects unwanted behavior consistently, day or night
- operates for up to six months on a single nine-volt battery
- uses transparent materials to blend into any background
- can be joined with Extension ScatMats to increase coverage
When a dog or cat repeats an unwanted behaviour (such as scratching, soiling, or jumping onto furniture), it usually starts in the same location. To help break this habit, simply pace a ScatMat in that spot. After your pet encounters the ScatMat a few times, it will develop an aversion to that location. After a while, you'll be able to leave the ScatMat switched off, and just the sight of it will continue to modify your pet's behavior. Eventually, you'll be able to remove the ScatMat altogether.
The ScatMat is effective for several reasons
- the static sensations it generates are sufficiently surprising and unpleasant to your pet to communicate an immediate "leave now" message
- the training is consistent at the same location, 24 hours a day
- your pets associate the unpleasant sensation with the location, not with you, as in other types of discipline
- your pet receives the correction at the exact moment the bad behaviour occurs